Scroll Down below Fish Fry menus for full details of announcement
We strongly recommend residents from the City of McKeesport
Youth CAST (Community and School Together) Leadership Network
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY
March 10, 2014
LENTEN SEASON LOCAL FISH FRY VENUES WILL BE POSTED WHEN SUBMITTED
Click for PDF version of ST. STEPHEN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH MENU
Corpus Christi Parish Hall Lenten Fish Fry
Schedule & Menu - Get PDF version here
803 Market Street McKeesport - Takeout and Delivery are available
To place an order and other information please call 412-672-6004
Hours - 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Begins Wednesday, March 5th Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent) 2014
Every Friday of Lent, except Good Friday, April 18th, 2014
Hand-Breaded Fried Fish Sandwich ……..$5.50
Baked Fish (6-oz.)…….. $5.50
Crab Cake Sandwich…….. $5.50
Fried Butterfly Shrimp…….. $5.50
Tuna Melt Sandwich……… $5.00
Tuna Salad Croissant……… $4.50
Toasted Cheese Sandwich……. $3.50
French Fries, Cheese Balls, Hush Puppies, Homemade Soup, Stewed Tomatoes, Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Cabbage with Homemade Noodles, Cole Slaw and Applesauce.
Homemade Potato Pierogies with butter and onions are $2.00
Children’s Meal of Small Fish or Toasted Cheese Sandwich with French Fries or Macaroni and Cheese…….. $5.00
Special Homemade Soup of the Week Menu:
Friday, March 7th…….. Cream of Potato
Friday, March 14th …….. Lobster Bisque
Friday, March 21st ……… Broccoli and Cheese
Friday, March 28th…….. Lobster Bisque
Friday, April 4th…….. Creamy Mushroom
Friday, April 11th…….. Seafood Chowder
Campbell’s Tomato Soup offered EVERY WEEK!
Thin Sweet Crepes filled with
Sweet Cream Cheese or Lekvar…….. $1.00 each
Ten percent of proceeds are donated to
The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Click here for St. Sava PDF Lenten Fish Fry Menu
Christ Temple A.M.E. Church Fish Fry PDF Menu Link
Youth CAST (Community and School Together) Leadership Network
-JOB ANNOUCEMENT- Download PDF file of announcement here
Posting - March 6th to March 10th 2014
Program Assistant (Part-time)
The City of McKeesport, Mayor’s Office in collaboration with Urban Achievement has developed a community school wide youth leadership program Titled: Youth C.A.S.T. (Community and Schools Together) in partnership with the McKeesport Branch YMCA, the McKeesport Boys & Girls Club, Carnegie Library of McKeesport, Bethlehem Baptist Church of McKeesport and the McKeesport Area School District as key stakeholders with the targeted area of service learning, community service, youth organizing and civic engagement opportunities for students in grades 6th to 12th.
The Youth CAST (Community and Schools Together) Leadership Program seeks an experienced, competent and caring person to support the development and management of a comprehensive youth leadership program for school age youth grades 6th to 12th. This Position is a grant funded position for a maximum two years. As Coordinator of Youth Leadership, this individual will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of an after school and summer youth program model that integrates the resources of community service, community organizing and services learning into civic engagement activities. This is a part-time position.
· Experience in a youth services, after school programing or K-12 educational setting.
· Ability to articulate a vision about preparing youth for the future—from social, economic, cultural and personal perspectives—to partners, funders and the community
· Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others
· Skills and energies to build a team and lead effective youth development and trainings
· Skills and experience in fostering a team approach to youth development and creating collaboration among partner organizations in youth development
· Excellent management, planning skills, written and verbal communication skills as well
· Experience and competencies in working in a multiracial, multicultural diverse environment
· Microsoft Office etc.
“PA” Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with executive leadership, staff and program partners to implement a cohesive and comprehensive youth development/leadership program for students in grades 6th to 12th, utilizing the resources of the programs key partner organizations
· Assist in facilitating leadership sessions with youth
· Assist in the planning to ensure the effective coordination and integration of the program and its resources
· Provide day-to-day support to students, necessary for effective implementation for program logistics
· Assist Program Coordinator with youth to ensure the effective coordination of program schedules and related events for youth and families.
· Foster relationships among local schools and other community youth and education programs to enhance the development of the program.
· Maintain and organize contact information for the program participants Serve as a key staff contact between community and school staff
· Participate in activities in and outside of the City of McKeesport and the State of Pennsylvania as identified, i.e. Field Trips, Field Studies, Retreats, Professional Development Etc…
· Conduct school and home visits needed for follow-up on student achievement
· Complete data entry needed for program effectivness
Anticipated Work Schedule:
The Program Assistant will be responsible for a 3 to 6 day work schedule totaling 25 hours weekly. Programing with will consist of 3 days per week with two days programing during the weekday and one day during the weekend as scheduled.
This person accepting of this position will be paid as an independent contractor being responsible themselves for all federal and local taxes as determined by the IRS. This position will pay a wage of $10.00 hourly with no comprehensive benefits package with a 15 to 20 hours weekly work schedule.
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to the City of McKeesport, Mayor’s Office, C/o Youth C.A.S.T. at 500 5th Ave, McKeesport Pa. 15232 or email to email@example.com. or firstname.lastname@example.org A copy of your act 33/34 and 151clearances will be needed if hired for the position of Program Assistant.
WTAE School Delays & Closings link Click Here
Site Page Links
Or view pages 28 & 29 in McKeesport's In Community Magazine
Eyeglasses can now be dropped off in a drop box in the city hall lobby for recycling by McKeesport Lions Club. Glasses are shipped to a drop point in New Jersey where they are cleaned & sorted by prescription, to be distributed to residents in third world countries who cannot afford to buy eyeglasses.
Also: Lion's Club Brooms made by blind craftsmen are available for purchase at City Hall for $10.00. Please support these worthwhile projects.
Friday, April 25, 2014 - KaBoom Playground Build Day, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Highland Grove Playground We need 200 volunteers to come out this day to help the City, KaBoom, Duquesne Light, and McKeesport Lions Club build a new playground in Highland Grove. Please contact the Mayor’s office with any questions. 412 675 5020
Coming Sunday, March 16, 2014 @ 3:00 PM
The United States Army Field Band's "The Volunteers" will perform at The McKeesport Palisades. Complimentary Tickets (required for safe attendance control) will be available for pick up at McKeesport City Hall
Or request (412) 675 5020 X605 - PDF of Poster
Please bear with us site is being updated. More on the way... Check back